In order to be a member of the Spa Association of Africa, the following criteria must be in place.
Spas and spas under development:
- Must have a water or hydrotherapy treatment facility
- Have a minimum of four treatments rooms
- Relaxation room or area
- Hot or cold: steam bath and sauna
- Changing facilities
- Certified as a nationally recognised institution
- Running an accredited program
- Taking in full time students
- Facilities requirements for the school or institutions must be in place e.g. minimum of six beds, shower facilities, changing areas, lockers and theory training room
- Qualified and accredited lecturers or trainers
- Internationally recognised person or expert in the spa industry in Africa and globally
- Can contribute time and resources, have weekly/ monthly skype meetings and annual meeting attendance.
- Must be working at a high-level position or owner in the spa, tourism and related industries e.g. Director, COO, CEO, Principal etc
- Must be working in the spa-affiliated industry such as hospitality and tourism, consulting, architecture
- Must demonstrate an interest to contribute to the growth and development of the African spa industry
- Must be under employment or self-employed
- Must be over 18 years of age
- Must prove they are full time students or part time with a minimum of 9hrs a week
- Must provide student ID card and Number for verification at institution or school.